Midweekery
Oct. 22nd, 2026 01:42 pmYes, I did not update on my usual Wednesday, and that was primarily because I wanted to focus on getting the Thursday-Friday blog entries ready before I headed to work that afternoon. [I had a dreaded midshift, but thankfully it was mostly uneventful. A few weirdos and the news that my favorite boss resigned (on a good note -- he's heading to a better paying job), but otherwise busy enough to keep me occupied.] Right now I'm looking forward to the week's vacation I'll be having in the first week of November. A has taken the same week off as well.
Do we have anything planned for that week? Other than catching up on sleep (hopefully), maybe the occasional day trip to a different part of town or up to Petaluma to visit the in-laws.
Meanwhile, I am FINALLY done with wrapping up the Trilogy Remaster for The Persistence of Memories! I'm still ahead of schedule (sort of, given that I started later in the year than I'd meant to), so at this point I just need to pick a go-live date, upload the new version and let everyone know. I'm thinking probably mid-November at this point. This of course means I'm going to need to devote a LOT of time for the remaster of The Balance of Light. While I'm proud of it, there's still a lot that needs fixing on that one.
Semi-related, I really need to start thinking about what project I'm going to work on next. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to make yet another attempt at writing the fourth Mendaihu Universe novel, with the possibility of a radical rethink of Theadia on the backburner. It being the end of the year when Real Life gets busy, I'm not going to force myself into exhaustion over it, however.
Do we have anything planned for that week? Other than catching up on sleep (hopefully), maybe the occasional day trip to a different part of town or up to Petaluma to visit the in-laws.
Meanwhile, I am FINALLY done with wrapping up the Trilogy Remaster for The Persistence of Memories! I'm still ahead of schedule (sort of, given that I started later in the year than I'd meant to), so at this point I just need to pick a go-live date, upload the new version and let everyone know. I'm thinking probably mid-November at this point. This of course means I'm going to need to devote a LOT of time for the remaster of The Balance of Light. While I'm proud of it, there's still a lot that needs fixing on that one.
Semi-related, I really need to start thinking about what project I'm going to work on next. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to make yet another attempt at writing the fourth Mendaihu Universe novel, with the possibility of a radical rethink of Theadia on the backburner. It being the end of the year when Real Life gets busy, I'm not going to force myself into exhaustion over it, however.